Monday, August 2, 2010

Why, another blog...

Growing up with Deaf parents I grew up as a cross cultural kid though I didn't know it at the time.  The world was something I explained to myself and at times to my parents.  We hearing people are strange sometimes.  In college I thought a communications degree sounded great but I wasn't sure what I would do with it and decided to get my teaching license in social studies with an emphasis in Geography and minor in journalism.  This way I could do something with communication but be centered in a place.  Once out of college I ended up getting my interpreting license as an American Sign Language interpreter.  Something I once said I would never do.  Interpreters are eclectic people we know a little bit about a lot of different subjects.  So this blog is going to be about my bunny trails on the internet.  Each of my blogs serve a distinct purpose.   The journalist in me is liking the change to write about different topics of interest in their respective places.  We'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment